Tamiya 35297, Scale 1:35
Suggested Paint Colors
S-2 - Dark Green
TS-3 - Dark Yellow
TS-4 - German Grey
X-10 - Gun Metal
X-11 - Chrome Silver
X-5 - Green
XF-1 - Flat Black
XF-11 - J.N. Green
XF-15 - Flat Flesh
XF-2 - Flat White
XF-49 - Khaki
XF-56 - Metallic Grey
XF-59 - Desert Yellow
XF-64 - Red Brown
In the early stages of WWII, the German military often used the Sd.Kfz.231 series vehicles for reconnaissance missions. One of these heavy armored cars was the Sk.Kfz.232, which was equipped with a long distance wireless radio with a large antenna protruding from the top of the upper hull. In the turret was a 2cm gun and a MG34 machine gun. The 8- wheeled, Sk.Kfz.232 had an on-road top speed of 90km/h, front and rear driving positions, and a superb 8 wheel drive system. The Sd.Kfz.232 performed extremely well and proved its worth in a number of roles on many fronts from Europe to North Africa to Russia.
- Various kinds of equipment like early type jerry cans and tools are included adding further realism.
- Comes in a newly designed package with desert themed artwork.
- Enhancing the impression of the North African front is a German officer figure wearing a tropical uniform.
- A soldier figure for the turret is also included.
- Photo-etched parts such as light protecting net s and an aluminum barrel for the 2cm gun are included.
- Comes with decals for the North African front (2), Balkans front (1), & Kursk front (1).
- Displaying this armored car with other 1/35 scale models such as Item 35286 German Armored Car Sd.Kfz.222 would be an interesting diorama.